For the past few years, some of the greatest minds in marketing have been extolling the virtues of using video in marketing efforts. While it may have been easy to write off the rise of video as a crucial marketing technique as a mere flash in the pan back in 2016 or 2017, we’ve now surpassed some critical milestones that truly cement video’s place in the forefront of any business’s marketing arsenal.
Why Is Video Important in 2019?
Case in point – the 83% of marketing experts believe video is not only remaining in the top spot on the list of important marketing techniques, but that it is actually continually growing in importance. If you’re working on an effective marketing campaign, invest in a video strategy now, so you can begin engaging your audience before other businesses in your sector can reach them.
We’ve all likely experienced the extent to which video can truly catch your eye while on a search engine results page or even while scrolling through social media. However, video doesn’t stop at mere engagement; once a consumer notices video content, 53% of them will continue to interact with the brand by either visiting the brand’s website or performing their own research. Further, 72% would rather learn about a product through the video itself instead of through text.
How Can You Elevate Your Video Marketing?
Clearly, video is an important aspect of your marketing campaigns for 2019 and beyond. However, video marketing isn’t quite as easy as crafting a few humorous videos and sharing them from your business’s Twitter account – though that’s certainly one step you can consider. Instead, it’s crucial that you build a comprehensive video marketing strategy to improve your reach to potential customers, engage users, and help convert casual users into customers.
Potential ways to step up your video marketing game include:
- Conduct research that enlightens. Video content is a proven method for increasing your customer engagement. However, it’s more important than ever that your video content truly speaks to the audience you’re after. Therefore, you must conduct research that reveals your audience’s preferences and demographics. Utilize the analytics available to you from Google and social media, then examine your past customer data. Identifying unique insights about your intended audience will help you craft video content that most effectively engages them. If you provide truly engaging content, your audience will be much more likely to share it with others.
- Using the power of storytelling. Most people respond better to video marketing that includes storytelling. One of the most concise ways to demonstrate everything – from the utility of your brand to how trustworthy your product is – is via a story. If you’ve effectively performed your research, you’ll be able to use what you know to formulate stories that engage your audience.
- Replace your sales funnel with a flywheel. Your sales funnel – the buying process you lead customers through when purchasing your product – traditionally consists of five phases ranging from awareness, interest, evaluation, decision, and purchase. A more modern and effective concept for sales marketing is that of the flywheel.The sales flywheel involves three external elements, with customers at the center:
- Attract potential customers with educational video content about your product and ensure they have easy access to all the information they need.
- Engage customers on their own terms, promoting eventual sales.
- Delight customers by shifting resources to ensure your customers that their success is tied to your business’s success.
Video is one of the most important parts of any marketing campaign. By improving your marketing strategies moving forward, you’ll ensure that the videos so crucial to your campaign’s success reach your desired audience. Once your audience is clear, Arca Interactive can help you craft the perfect video content to keep them engaged. Contact us today to find out more about our process.