If you are a business owner, chances are you have heard of PPC advertising and are probably curious how it can benefit your company. It’s definitely wise to learn all you can about this type of advertising and consider its benefits before moving forward with it for your own business.
What Is PPC Advertising?
PPC Advertising stands for pay per click. So as simple as it sounds, business owners only pay when their ads are clicked on by an online consumer. If you use the internet at all, you have probably encountered PPC ads, and you might not have even noticed them. They look almost identical to regular social media posts, website content, and search engines.
How Does It Work?
There are four different kinds of PPC ads:
- Display ads
- Remarketing Ads
- Search Engine ads
- Social Media ads
As a business owner, you have your ad designed and bid on the ad content and keywords. The bidding part can be confusing for some. It can be broken down like this- think of the bidding process as an ad auction. Determine relevant keywords to your product and use them in the ad you create. You can use a keyword search tool if you want. These keywords determine where your ad will pop up. If your business sells workout clothes, you might want to choose the words “exercise tank top or top running shorts” as your keywords.
Each way targets a potential website visitor. So, the idea is the more clicks you get, the more visits your site receives, resulting in the more conversions you will gain.
What Are the Benefits of Using PPC Advertising?
PPC advertising has five key benefits that can increase traffic to your website, and we will know how important it is to get views that will indeed translate into customers.
- You Only Pay for Clicks – The biggest benefit of PPC is that you only pay for the action, unlike other forms of advertising where you pay for exposure. If the ad you create turns out to be a failure, you won’t lose money. You can just try again by tweaking your ad or changing your keywords. This is great for companies with a smaller advertising budget.
- More Traffic and Sales on Your Site – Increased traffic to your site most likely will result in increased sales. A good ad will boost your visits for sure! Spend your time and resources in making an impressive, user-friendly site and watch the sales roll in.
- No SEO Rules to Worry About – The rules of SEO can be complicated and constantly changing. With PPC, you don’t have to worry about all that. PPC is more consistent and less disruptive.
- Adjust and Refine to Optimize – As it was alluded to above, if your ad doesn’t seem to be effective, you have the option to change it. Most companies chose to run their campaigns for a couple of weeks and analyze the outcome. If you are disappointed with the results, use this as a learning opportunity to make changes and grow.
- Easy Tracking for Useable Data – The tracking resources used in PPC are valuable and track your campaigns to provide you with usable data that will help you see what’s working and what’s not. It’s important for you to see how many people view your ads, click on the ads, and even how much time they spend on your site.
If you are interested in learning more about how PPC can help your business, reach out to us today. Our digital services emphasize attention to detail and demonstrate our passion for website design and online marketing. Arca Interactive has decades of experience in PPC. Let us help improve your campaign performance and turn them into lucrative results.