In the highly competitive digital market, website architecture is key to standing out from thousands of competitors across the globe. Consumers use search engine sites every day to seek out products and services that will fit their current needs or wants. From these results, an attractive, easy-to-navigate website can make a significant impact as to whether they stay on your site or backtrack to your direct competitors. It takes careful planning, evergreen content, and SEO expertise to ensure your website architecture has what it takes to rise to the top of the results page.
Why Website Architecture Matters
Your website is your digital storefront. Like a physical store, you want your store to be appealing. You also want to ensure your customer knows exactly what you are offering and why they need to get it from you. In the digital world, the principles of a physical location and your digital presence share numerous similarities. The major difference is that in the digital world, your competition is always just a click away. The architecture of your website is vital to:
- SEO results – Search engines are tasked with providing users with the best possible results. To do this, search engines crawl websites to look for relevant content, keywords, structure, load times, and other factors to rank the results. If your website architecture is confusing, bogged down, or outdated, you’ll rank low.
- Increasing authority – Your website should provide unique, high-quality content. Consumers today want more than just to be sold something; they want to better understand the people behind the product. What is their story, their experience, their knowledge? Quality content increases consumers’ trust that you are an authority in your field, setting you apart from the competition.
- Keeps viewers on your site longer – The more a site is visited, and the longer viewers stay, the better rankings a site can achieve. Quality website architecture is easy-to-navigate, provides clear information, and engages the viewer to explore further. Well-placed videos, interactive options, and a quality, regularly updated blog can all help keep viewers engaged.
- Gaining consumer trust – The architecture of your website can directly impact a person’s willingness to purchase from you. If your site looks disorganized, crashes, or lacks upkeep, a person may be less willing to trust your payment process and the quality of your products or services. A well-structured website shows care and professionalism on your end. This inspires confidence and trust.
How Do I Improve My Website Architecture?
Creating a truly high-quality website architecture is no easy task. It takes time, experience, and ongoing effort. Creating or improving a website architecture involves:
- Planning overall structure – If a potential customer finds your website difficult to navigate, they will simply go to the next option. You will want to plan how your website will be organized, what content you’ll provide, what pages you’ll need, and what links you’ll need to include.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – SEO is vital to where you rank in search engine results. This is where most of your customers will find you, so you want to ensure your website ranks well. The website architecture is the foundation for many of the aspects these algorithms look for.
- Provide evergreen content – A website should never be considered truly finished. New content signals that SEO crawling software that your website offers updated, relevant information. This can be done on a consistent basis through a newsletter or blog.
Work With Arca Interactive
Website architecture is the foundation of developing a digital presence that can stand above the competition in search engine results. Creating high-quality website architecture can be complex. When your website structure needs work, a skilled professional can get your site where it needs to be quickly and effectively. At Arca Interactive, we have the knowledge and experience you need to drastically improve your website architecture. Contact us today!