The waning months of the year often bring with them a sense of introspection. With 2019 near its end, we’re about to embark on not only a new year in 2020, but a new decade as well. This year, it’s more important than ever to look at what’s ahead. In the world of web design trends 2020, there’s much to be excited about.
What’s Ahead for Website Design TRENDS 2020?
As with any other industry, change is a given with each new year, but that’s particularly true of website design. It’s these overarching trends and shifts in what clients and users like to see that influences how designers work. With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most significant trends shaping up for 2020 and even into the next decade.
- Enhanced User Experience. Web designers, graphic artists, and SEO experts agree – the most important critic of any website is the end user. In 2020 and beyond, we’ll see more websites designed to anticipate and solve the problems users have when they visit a site instead of attempting to move users towards the eventual desired outcomes on the whims of the designer and client. This will provide more opportunities for extended engagement as users move through web pages and engage with the elements on the site.
- Simplicity and Minimalism. While web design has been moving towards simplicity for some time now, 2020 promises a slightly different take on the concept. Previously, simplicity and flat design were synonymous. Minimalism’s limited color palettes don’t need to be flat; beautiful form and function can merge into an optimal user experience with the added benefit of taking much less time to load than more complex websites.
- Use of White Space. Another way simplicity takes center stage in 2020 is through the use of white space. Far from the color-saturated, busy designs of years past, increased white space means the most important elements on a page are given room to breathe. Natural focus is drawn towards these elements, and guests are given a chance to discern which aspects are crucial to completing business.
- Enhanced Voice Interface. Voice search is a concept that has been growing rapidly for the past few years, as more and more devices began promoting the use of voice search in the home – think Google Home and Amazon’s Alexa – as well as via a mobile device with Apple’s Siri. Still, integration of this technology is just starting to catch up with sites other than those the tech was designed for. In 2020 and beyond, expect further integration of voice into a more widespread group of websites, making navigation, interactions, and even purchases much more intuitive and user-friendly than ever before. Be prepared for voice search content.
- Continued Attention to SEO Campaigns. The close relationship between website design and SEO-friendly properties necessary for increasing conversions is essential as we move into the new decade. Web designers building pages that are not only beautiful and functional, but also load quickly and prevent users from bouncing, provide a marked contrast to attractive pages that are difficult to navigate or contain large elements that take an overly long time to load. Expect an increased focus on web design that promotes user engagement and retention in the new year.
If your website is moving in the wrong direction in 2020, you could be losing potential clients to competitors with more intuitive websites. Fortunately, the web design team at Arca Interactive has the forward-thinking insights needed to craft a website that will truly engage users well into the upcoming decade. Contact us for more information about ensuring your business website is ready for the new year.