Chris Navin, former vice president and chief marketing officer at Arca Interactive, covered a variety of topics related to SEO and display advertising and tailored the discussion to those sitting at the table. A few of the notable nuggets he shared:
- Get your campaigns running strong first, before you introduce retargeting (both social and search).
- Retargeting can be especially effective for big purchase items where people are doing online research (think cars/trucks and education for example).
- Display advertising is much cheaper to run if high volume awareness is the goal.
- Use longtail keywords and broad match modifiers to maximize your search budget in a crowded space. This particular example was for the very competitive market of MBA programs in the upstate NY area.
- The Google Analytics search query report can assist in understanding which ads are triggering and provide suggestions for updating keywords.
See the original article at http://ama-rochester.org/search-or-display-is-it-an-eitheror-question/