As technology changes, so do customers’ wants and needs. Is your online presence changing with them? If you aren’t sure, then it probably isn’t.
While the requirements across industries vary, there are some ways to see where you are when it comes to staying on top of your digital presence. Here are some things to consider:
- Has your website been updated in the last three years?
- Does your site have a positive UX (User-Experience)?
- How responsive is your website?
- Is your website mobile-friendly?
- Do you leverage social media to expand your business’s reach?
- Can users easily find your social media buttons on your site?
- Can users easily find your company contact information?
How Is Your Website Performing?
If you’ve answered all those questions, consider the biggest one – is your website executing at peak performance? Key metrics can show you whether it’s time for an update to your website or online presence. These metrics are less about Instagram likes or Facebook followers, but rather, about how many people visit your site – and, once there, how many of those leads become conversions. Gauge how well your online presence is performing by collecting and analyzing user behavior.
Other key performance indicators include:
- User engagement
- Average time spent on page
- Bounce rate
- Where your traffic is coming from
- Call to action click-through rate
- Progress toward your goals
Transforming your website with current goals in mind, has a direct and positive impact on how users engage with your content. Some issues are easy fixes, like downloading speeds, expired links, or irrelevant content, and others may take more effort, but upgrading your business presence shouldn’t be a consideration, it should be an expectation. If you’re not optimized, you can bet your competition is. Don’t forget to update your business’s social media profiles while you’re at it – that makes for a seamless user experience across all online platforms. When in doubt, go for the update!
Need help updating your online presence?